Counselling and Integration Support Center
The NVU Counselling and Integration Support Center provides Medical and Psychological Consultation services for students.
For medical consultation you can seek help from the doctor of this center and she will direct you to the specialist in case of need. This service will be provided by a doctor Tamar komladze free of charge at New Vision University Eco campus, room 401, 10:00 - 15.00 pm.
As for psychological consultation, any student who deems it helpful to use extra psychological support are encouraged to fill out the form and plan a meeting with psychologist two days in advance. The support will be provided free of charge by a clinical psychologist and member of GGPA (Georgian Group Psychotherapy Association) and AGPA (American Group Psychotherapy Association) Salome Milorava and clinical psychologist Ani Rainauli.
The psychological service of this center helps students in achieving emotional well-being and help manage personal demands that may interfere with academic progress. Psychological counselling is dedicated to student well-being and providing services collaboratively with compassion, respect, and sensitivity to students' unique challenges and cultural backgrounds. The center provides a safe environment for students to resolve psychological distress, and maximize their potential at NVU.
You need to seek help from a psychologist: if you have,
- Difficulty transitioning to a new school or college environment, academic problems
- Feelings of depression, loneliness and decreased motivation
- Grief and loss
- Issues of traumatic experiences
- Relationship difficulties, including roommate conflicts, family difficulties and romantic relationship concerns
- Symptoms of stress and anxiety
- Thoughts of doing harm to self or others
- Questions related to acculturation and diversity
- Concerns about relationship with body image
- Unhealthy substance use
Among its services, Center provides the following support, all of which adhere to strict standards of confidentiality:
- Individual Counseling
- Group Therapy
- Purpose-based trainings and workshops.