Language: Georgian / English
Duration: 6 hours (1 day)
Target group: Medical staff: doctors, nurses, paramedics; Medical students and Residents; Non-medical staff.
Basic Life Support Algorithm (BLS) is a course, which trains participants to promptly recognize life-threatening emergencies, give high-quality CPR, deliver appropriate ventilation and provide early use of an AED.
The purpose of the course is to teach participants the main steps of basic life support in the hospital, as well as outside the hospital. That provides the most reliable outcome for patients with cardiac arrest.
The course will teach:
- The basic concept of high-quality cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR);
- Detection of Cardiac Arrest;
- The Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Algorithm updated by European Resuscitation Council (ERC) in 2015;
- Chain of survival for adults;
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation by one and two rescuers in adults;
- Usage of an automatic external defibrillator (AED);
- Mechanical respiration techniques using bag-valve-mask and mask;
- Giving rescue breaths to adults;
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation under tracheal intubation;
- Relief of foreign-body airway obstruction (choking) for adults;
- Effective teamwork during resuscitation activities.
Successful participants will receive a certificate from European Resuscitation Council (ERC).
The course is also accredited by the Professional Development Center of the Ministry of Internally Displaced Persons (IDps) from the Occupied Territories, Labor, Health and Social Affairs of Georgia.